Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Bryson's Optic Illusion Quilt 2019

Bryson is our oldest grandchild.  He is a man now.  He will be starting his senior year in college this fall.  I cannot believe he is an adult already!!  Bryson is tenacious.  He wanted to solve a Rubics cube.  It took a while to learn, but he did it.  He entered competitions, and practiced more.  He can solve the puzzle in around 10 seconds, sometimes less.  Not easy.  When he first entered High School, he introduced himself on stage in a talent show, then solved the cube in front of the student body. He did it again just before he addressed his graduating class.  He spoke about the value of failures.  He really is something especial.  He spent six weeks or so in China in a study program just before Christmas 2019.  His quilt is called "Dr. Tang".  Let's see where he goes!


This is the beginning.  It was a rough quilt to work on because it was hard to look at.  I had to keep taking pictures to see my progress and to double check if I was doing it right.  I downloaded this  pattern from the quilting website, Craftsy.com (Bluprint)

Yellow is Bryson's favorite color.  I had to make sure I used it.

It was very important to make this quilt masculine.  I think it worked out that way.  In the center, the quilting is a diamond shape sort of.  I went through the centers of the black patches.  I did in-the-ditch stitching around each border.  The yellow is done in piano keys and the gray borders are echoed zig zags.  All quilting is ruler work.

I'm very proud of you, Bryson!

Counting my blessings...1
Love,
Grams

No comments:

Post a Comment