Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Anna's Dreams Quilt 2019

Anna is my oldest granddaughter.  She is a mover and a shaker.  She loves physical activity.  She used to sit on my lap at my sewing machine when she was very young.  I have no sisters and no daughters.  She was my first little girl.  Clearly woman are not the same as men.  I learned so much about women from her just being a little girl.  She's not a little girl any more.  She graduates from High School next year (2021).  Anna is aiming at becoming a doctor.  The full choice is not yet made.

So Anna's quilt is called Anna's Dreams.  She does have big dreams that I hope she sees them come to fruition.  Anna's Dreams is one of her favorite colors.  Turquoise.  It is a panel quilt.  I saw it on a fabric web site maybe five years ago and asked her if she liked it.  She did.  And I ordered it.  I thought I would get it done sooner, but I needed to learn Free Motion Quilting on a home machine first.  It took me a while.  Then I started piecing it and realized it was just a small lap quilt.  Now what?  I had ordered material for backing at the same time and realized I needed it for the front.  So that was what I did.  There was a lot of fussy measuring and cutting involved with the inner border fabrics.   


I needed an extra inner border to separate the original border from the outside border, but I didn't have any more the the lighter aqua in the center.  I found a piece in my stash and it worker out well, I think.


Because this was a panel quilt, I wanted the quilting to be the focus.  Although I chose matching thread, the backing made the perfect place to show off the quilting.  This ended up being done on Phoebe rather than my sewing machine and was done from the front.  I was so pleased with the quilting when I took it off the frame.  I felt like a kid playing!The back of this quilt is actually Aqua and soft lime green. Anna finally receive this quilt when she was 16 and now she is 17.

I'm very proud of you, Anna!!

Counting my Blessings...2
Love,
Grams

No comments:

Post a Comment