Saturday, June 27, 2020

Happy 100tth Birthday, Elsie!

Elsie turned 100 on April 4th 2020.  She is healthy, still walking everyday.  She started going to church as an infant at Lawrence Street Church and is still an active member.  She loves her family, church family, friends and her flower gardens.  She is a delightful woman and she has been a welcoming friend to me as I started attending her church about five years ago.  I'm so glad to know her.  I wanted to honor her Happy 100th, so I made a quilt for her.


Elsie's eyes are a beautiful blue.  Blue is not, for some reason, one of the easiest colors to work with.  I have difficultly with remembering specific shades of blue in order to purchase them for quilt making.  I have a drawer full of blues that don't look good together.  So Elsie's quilt is made from a charm pack and matching yardage. 

My photography is not the greatest on these pictures.  This is closer to the colors, but it looks very blue, the darks are not quite this dark and the beiges are cooler and lighter.

Elsie was so surprised.  She has never made a quilt herself...my grandmother said the same thing.  Elsie is a knitter and is still knitting.  I'm sure she has done countless baby clothing gifts through the years.  One day I'll ask her what she likes to knit.  Meanwhile,  Happy Birthday, Elsie!


No comments:

Post a Comment