Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Nora's Sing Your Song Quilt 2019

 
 Nora is very creative.  Along with crocheting, and sewing for her dolls and her own PJs, she also has made quilts.   She also is a gymnast, now helping and teaching at the gym.  Nora is also a singer with a beautifully clear voice.  She is taking guitar lessons.  Some day I expect her performances to be stunning.  Her quilt is called Sing Your Song.  She is my most girly girl.  When I chose this quilt, I wanted something feminine.  Because of her natural ability, I chose for her a little bit more technical pattern.


Little rosebuds on either black or white background.  The block is both pieced and appliqued by machine using a buttonhole stitch. 

The quilting is free motion, not computerized.  Phoebe is a simple long arm with stitch regulation.  Although I love doing ruler work, my most favorite thing is free motion,  It is so creative in nature.  The Nine Patches are in the ditch ruler work, then free motion around the the green applique connected continuously through the white. 


The outer border is all musical scores.  Amazing Grace is one of the songs.   


The finished quilt on the clothes line after washing.  I like to wash all quilts before gifting to give them that ready to wrap-up-in look.  Nora turned 14 three days after Christmas.

Counting my blessings...3
 Love,
Grams

No comments:

Post a Comment