Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Adia's Follow Your Dreams Quilt 2019

  Adia is an athlete.  She loves running in particular.  Although a beautiful young women, she is not a real girly girl. She is an excellent soccer player, teammate on an excellent team.  She's got places to to later in  High School.  She is also a tenacious gymnast.  She would practice things that she was not old enough to do and accomplish those fetes.  She learned to do a backwards hands-free flip long before she should have been able.  She is a no fear kind of person!!  I wanted a pattern that reflected that aspect of her personality.  This is a kit that I purchased.  The day I first saw it, I thought of her.


This is my 1915 Singer with Sphinx decals.  This is the sewing machine I used to piece Adia's quilt.  This is a treadle machine that runs beautifully.  I chose to use it because like Adia, it is unique.  She is the only one to get a quilt made on an old Singer treadle.



I used Phoebe to quilt it.   Not sure what I would do without her.  This is not computerized quilting.  It is free motion and patterns that I love to combine. The unseen borders are piano keys using a ruler.


Adia's favorite color is purple.  That's why I chose this backing.  


Adia's quilt after washing and hanging it on the line outside.  Adia follows a big sister that is also very good at everything she does.  Because of that, this quilt is named, Follow Your Dreams.  She had such a big smile on her face when she opened it.  She was 11 years old when she received it and is 12 now.

I'm very proud of you, Adia!!

Counting my Blessings...6
Love,
Grams

No comments:

Post a Comment