Saturday, May 30, 2020

2019 Quilts for the Grand Children!!

Last year was such a productive year.  I have seven grand children that all needed new quilts.  I couldn't start with the oldest and work down because younger siblings would have to wait too long for theirs.  So, I decided to make them all quilts for Christmas 2019. 


I'm so proud of the work I got done.  Each quilt is made especially with that person in mind. Back row from left to right.  Jonny:  That's his favorite color.  He was 13 when he received it, but now he's 14 and ready to be a freshman this year.  He is my Lean Green Drumming Machine.  Adia:  She loves running, moving and colors.  She was 11 when she received it and is now 12.  Her expression was priceless as she hugged her quilt after she opened it!  Bryson:  My oldest grand child.  He is twenty-21 and attending WPI.  He will graduate next June and enter the real world.  His quilt is an optical illussion in the center.  Front row left to right:  Anna:  She was 16 and is now 17.  Her favorite color is this turquoisy blue.  Her's is a panel quilt with extra special quilting.  She kept looking at the back!  Jessie:  She was 12 then and still is.  She is always so concerned about others.  The quilt is called Sweet Jessie Berries. Her favorite color is blue red; this is a little to the other side of red, but she loved it anyway.  Riley:  She was 10 and still is.  Her favorite colors are yellow and blue.  She stroked the yellow dresden plate with a smile of pleasure.  Nora:  She is my crafty grand child that knits, crochets, loves her sewing machine and makes quilts among other things.  She turned 14 the day before she received her quilt.  She was fun to watch as she examined the technique.  I sat with tears in my eyes watching this beloved group of "Children".  I expect they will always remember the day they all received one of Grams quilts.  Good memories!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment