Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Sweet Jessie Berries Quilt 2019

Jessie.  Jessie is sweet.  She is thoughtful and kind.  She's a girly girl, but she is also one mean softball pitcher.  BUT, she is always concerned about those she plays with and against.  I watched her share popsicles with a team that had lost so badly.  She wanted them to know it wasn't personal.  She is not one for leaving others out.  It is a natural gift of friendship.  She's special.  When I saw this quilt, maybe nine months before I decided to make all these quilts, I wanted it for Jessie.  I kept hesitating.  Would she like it?  I knew I did, but would she?  I asked her what her favorite color was and she said red.  That answered the question for the time being, but sometimes kids change their minds.  Jessie had just turned 12 the beginning of December.



 This quilt had a lot of ruler work.  It was the best way to work around all the small pieces of the green "leaves" and the little red squares.  But all the Jessie berries were free motion quilting.

Here is a sort of picture with Pheobe, my quilting mate.  The fabric in this quilt has sparkles.  I think the sparkles represent Jessie well!


Here is Sweet Jessie Berries in all her glory...kinda like Jessie!!  She all washed and ready to go.

I'm very proud of you, Jessie!!

Counting my Blessing...5
Love,
Grams

No comments:

Post a Comment