Saturday, May 30, 2020

What is happening in this country is out of control!

So, we are still trying to reopen businesses in this state...very slow on the uptake.  I'm ready to be free again.  For me, I can go out in my yard and work in my gardens without a mask.  People walk by walking their dogs and children with no masks.  This is the advantage of living in farm country in eastern Massachusetts.  I've gotten in my car to simply to keep it running.  But I'm still feeling like I'm being forced to comply with regulations that were intended for NewYork City living.  I have a little quilt shop not too far from here that I would like to go into to purchase something because when I needed a marking pencil, they walked out to my car so that I didn't have to go in.  There are so many freaked out people that think you should be in panic as they are that I feel intimidated by what their responses might be.  This is a disgusting situation.  I want my freedom back.  I want to choose whether or not I wear a mask.  Masks are breading grounds to all kinds of things.  Gross.  I am a country girl  that has always believed fresh air is good for what ails you.  Now, the truth is, my husband has had a kidney transplant; he is compromised.  I do theses things because I love him.  I wouldn't go into church without a mask.  In my church, we are almost all in the compromised age group.  I love them.  But truly I really don't care about those that are control freaks.  I have no interest.  Stay away from me.

That's my view on the coronavirus shutdown.

Meanwhile, American cities are burning.  Truly I do not understand the reasoning behind this other than "never let a good crisis go to waste." My heart breaks for the family of George Floyd.  I cannot image having to live with this reality.  Someone knelt on my little boy's neck until he stopped breathing.  What is wrong with this police officer?  I'm not satisfied with 3rd degree murder chanrge, not at all.  That's not justice...and I'm white.  But why destroy a black community?  It makes no sense.  Haven't they been through enough with the COVID shutdown?  Now, all hope of getting back to normal is gone.  I'm so angry over this.  People have worked too hard for too long to have all simply taken away from them.  Heads should roll on this one, too!

I've vented.


No comments:

Post a Comment