Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A Gift to Linda and One to Evelyn Grace

I'm waiting around for a roll of batting.  I put the backing on the frame and then realized that I didn't have the batting I thought I had.  I will be quilting a Piecemakers Calendar Quilt from 1994.  I totally hand pieced this top (84" x 84:).  It took me roughly 5 years to finish it.  That was an extremely busy time for me, so five years was actually good time to complete it. 

I've been spent the time this week on hand piecing my Hummingbird Highway quilt.  It is coming along although it seems to be very slow, but what's my hurry.  Well, I do have a lot of fabric and a ton of ideas I'd love to complete.  

This week was also the week I gave away SunBonnet Sue.  My sister in the Lord, Linda, was the recipient.  We had such a great afternoon of fellowship over that quilt.  It was great to learn a little more about her. 


 This is Linda and SunBonnet Sue!  I hope it will bring much pleasure and enjoyment to her.

Thank you, Linda for your service and your hospitality. 

So I'm hoping my batting will be in by Monday so that I can get the Calendar quilt on the frame and start working on it.  I'm so looking forward to getting it done.  I have four more that I want to quilted up so I can piece some quilts that are already cut.  This should be a productive summer. If my DH doesn't keep coming up with plans to do other things.  Well, I suppose that will be a good use of time as well.

By the way, I remembered who the recipient was for the little birdhouse quilt mystery.  It was Evelyn Grace, a very tiny preemie baby.  Her parents brought her name to the church asking us to pray for her and so we did.  I think it has been roughly a year since and she is doing just fine, growing healthy.

Still counting my blessings,

d

 

No comments:

Post a Comment