Sunday, January 7, 2018

Merry Christmas! December 22, 2017

As I sit waiting...

I cannot believe a year has gone by.  So much has gone on.  I've been unable to do  much quilting this year.  I finished a lap quilt last spring and a baby quilt right after that.  Then came summer.  I needed to paint rooms in my house; it was just time.  I'm no spring chicken.  I would work as long as I could, then I would need to stop working and rest.  So, every other day I tried to work, but like everything in my life, I would get called away to other projects that needed to get done, you know, laundry, cleaning, entertaining.  Quilting almost didn't exist.  When I finally finished painting all the rooms and ceilings, I was exhausted.  It has taken time to physically rebound, but I think I'm back.

So, I'm back to quilting.  Like so many times I began thinking, if I am ever going to get quilts finished I'm going to have to change something.  I've learned to Free Motion Quilt (FQM) on my sewing machine and I love the results, but for what I do, it takes way too long.  I love being creative in quilting and I do like a project that takes time, but I have quilt tops that will never get done if I don't find a faster way to quilt them.  A couple of quilts a year is not going to do!


This is French General's, I want to say, Maison de Noel.  I'm no longer sure that is what the fabric line is named, but I love it.  This did not take that long, but was still slow...days.  This is my couch quilt that I wrap up in every time I'm cold.  It is winter here :)




       This is Floating Stars from Connecting Threads.  It's my beginning ruler work and a challenge to create something different in each square and diamond.  This took about 100 hours to quilt...I love it, but too long!


As I sit here typing,  I'm waiting for UPS to deliver the last package out of 5.  Four came yesterday and the last will arrive, I expect, in about two and a half hours.  It is December 22, 2017.  No, I'm not waiting for Christmas presents.  I'm waiting for the last and most needed package to my new mid arm and frame.  Everything else was delivered yesterday and they decided to hold the package with the carriage and all the nuts and bolts to the frame.  I'm just waiting.  There is not a thing I can do until that last package comes!!

Yes, I have a new Q'nique 15M, a manual quilter.  I have wanted a long arm for such a long time and finally I'm getting one.  I received a qulting magazine in the mail just before Thanksgiving.  I picked it up to give it a quick glance and there it was, a great November deal!  It looked so good that I immediately went into their website and there it was...$1000 less than the ad in the magazine.  I started praying.  Yes, this is okay.  I asked my husband.  "Now, is the time to get it while you are still able to use it."  Do I have the money...yes, I do.  I ordered it.

I waited. And I waited.  Then an email.  Would I mind if they upgraded my 15M to one with stitch regulation for free because the machine I ordered would not be in until into January and they wanted to get it out to me before Christmas!  Well, how long do you think it took me to decide?  I had been wondering if I should upgrade to stitch regulation for $500.  There are days that I'm so totally stunned at what the Lord can do.  I debated and He answered!

I'm expecting my last package in about two hours.  I feel like a little kid!

Merry Chrstmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment